At Centennial Periodontics & Implants, we use advanced technology to make your visits quicker and to improve your recovery time. Here are some of the technologies we use at our practice:
Our LANAP® protocol Technology
Gum disease is a serious issue and can lower your confidence. with our state of the art technology, Dr. Losin is certified in treating gum disease with lasers. This procedure is called the LANAP protocol. The LANAP® protocol utilizes a special dental laser, the PerioLase® MVP-7™.
The dental laser is very thin, around 0.54 millimeters. It targets and kills bacteria in the pockets of gums and doesn’t harm the healthy tissues. It’s gentle and the benefits are quick. Less bleeding and less bad breath. Your gums will need some time to recover and heal, but you can continue with your normal daily tasks, like driving a car or going back to work.
Why is the LANAP® treatment great?
- Heal quickly – less invasive and your body can heal faster
- Less Discomfort – less discomfort during and after surgery.
- Less Recovery Time – Most people can immediately resume their normal routine.
- Little to No Gum Recession – The process doesn’t cut gums, so there is less risk of gum recession.
- Reduced Gum Inflammation and Bleeding – It targets bacteria without harming healthy tissue
- Saves Teeth – can potentially save natural teeth that were deemed ‘hopeless’ with traditional treatments.
- Safe – the LANAP® protocol is safe for those with health concerns such as diabetes, HIV, hemophilia, or those taking medications such as Plavix or aspirin.